The goal of this audit was to identify areas of the landing page that can be improved in order to increase conversions, such as improving the design, messaging, call-to-action, or overall user experience. Website: https://advante.co/
Our objective was to enhance the website's conversion rates by improving the user experience, all while minimizing alterations to the visual design elements. To achieve this, we centered our efforts on implementing user experience principles that would elevate the website's usability, intuitiveness, and efficiency.
A summary of all the updates
- Implemented an announcement banner at the top of the hero section
- Enhanced the Heading 1 and subheading text using UX writing techniques
- Made minor modifications to the call-to-action button
- Incorporated social proof for added credibility
- Updated the visual aspect by replacing the strikethrough squiggly line on the word "Better"
- Enhanced the headings and micro-copy
- Introduced a comprehensive list of benefits for each feature
- Utilized a zig-zag pattern to emphasize key features and create a dynamic sense of flow and momentum.
- Revised the micro-copy for the Free trial call-to-action (CTA)
- Replaced email coaching tips with a complimentary "Personal Development Starter Guide" ebook
- Refreshed the layout of the blog component
For each section of the website, we meticulously outlined the rationale behind implementing the changes and documented how we adhered to the checklist. Here are the details:👇
List of Changes
- Announcement banner
- Revamped the Heading 1 and subheading text using UX writing techniques
- Minor modification made to the call-to-action button
- Adding social proof
- Made a minor visual update by replacing the squiggly line that appeared to strike out the word "Better"
When crafting your Heading 1, it is crucial to create a value proposition that is both clear and compelling. This involves effectively communicating the benefits of your product or service. To achieve this, it is important to include logical benefits, such as cost savings or productivity gains, as well as emotional benefits, such as feelings of happiness, comfort, or security. By incorporating both types of benefits in your Heading 1, you appeal to the rational and emotional aspects of your audience, thereby increasing the likelihood of them taking action on your landing page.
- Keep your headings concise and clear, effectively conveying the main message of the page in a few words. Avoid using complex language or industry jargon that might confuse users.
- Utilize attention-grabbing words and phrases, such as "discover," "transform," or "revolutionize," to captivate users' interest and draw them in.
- Highlight the benefits of your product or service in your headings, enabling users to quickly grasp the value you offer and encouraging them to take action.
- Employ subheadings to provide additional context and clarify the purpose of the page or specific sections within it. This aids users in understanding the structure and organization of the page.
- Establish a logical hierarchy of headings to guide users through the page, prioritizing the most important information upfront. This helps users locate the desired information and make well-informed decisions.
🧠 Effective UX writing for a landing page should communicate the key benefits of the product or service clearly and concisely, and use persuasive language to encourage users to take action. It should also consider the design and layout of the page, ensuring that the copy is structured in a way that is easy to scan and visually appealing. The ultimate goal of UX writing for a landing page is to create a seamless and engaging user experience that motivates visitors to take the desired action, whether that's making a purchase, signing up for a newsletter, or downloading a resource.
Heading: Helping remote employees perform better at work
UX writing update
- Maximizing Performance: Tips for Coaching and Managing Remote Employees
- Develop Exceptional Team Performance: Strategies for Success with Remote Teams
- Get More Out of Your Remote Team: Expert Coaching and Management Strategies
- Unleash Your Remote Team's Productivity Potential
- Optimize Remote Employee Performance Through Effective Solutions
- Supercharge the Remote Workforce with Innovative Strategies
- Boost the Performance of Your Remote Team with Creative Tactics
- Maximize Your Remote Team's Potential
- Expert Coaching to Enhance Performance and Productivity”
Product Description - Subheading
🔥 In this section, please describe your product in clear and simple language, avoiding jargon or buzzwords. Ensure that your description matches the heading and effectively communicates what your product is and what it does.
Subheading: Coaching and managing team members require time and effort that you might not be able to give. Overall employee growth is vital to increase output and productivity while adding to the workplace environment.
UX writing update
- Keep your company flourishing by investing in your employees. Coaching and managing team members can translate to better team dynamics and greater productivity.
- Unlock your team's potential with careful practice and mentorship. Coaching and managing team members take time and effort but can result in employee growth and an improved workplace environment.
- Expect success by investing in team members. Dedicate your time and effort to coaching and managing team members and enjoy the benefits of improved team dynamics and workplace environment.
- Don’t have time to coach and manage your team? Let us help you and your team get the maximum benefit and output from your workplace, while still giving you back the needed time.
- Invest in team management and growth for a higher quality, more productive workforce and a better work environment.
- Coaching and managing team members is a time investment that yields high returns in output and team morale. Let us help you and your team reap the rewards without sacrificing quality time.
- Maximize team output and productivity by investing in employee growth. Unlock hidden potential with effective coaching and management.
- Unlock team potential and create a productive workplace environment. Investing in employee growth through coaching and management is key.
- Don’t have time to coach and manage your team? Let us help you cultivate employee growth for higher output and a better workplace environment.
🧲 A single, focused call-to-action that is in alignment with the main headline is present
When the call-to-action (CTA) aligns with the Heading 1, visitors are more inclined to take the desired action and give your product a try. It is crucial for the CTA to be clear, prominently displayed, and employ action-oriented language that effectively communicates the benefits of taking the desired action. By utilizing persuasive and benefit-driven language in the CTA, you motivate visitors to engage and increase the likelihood of conversions.
CTA: Schedule a call
- “Let's talk”
- "Schedule a Call Today to Get Started!"
- "Book a Call Now to Make Progress!"
- "Schedule Your Call Now to Take the Next Steps!"
👥 In a hero block, you can quickly establish social proof.
Incorporating social proof into the hero block of a landing page is an effective way to establish trust and credibility with visitors, thereby enhancing the likelihood of them taking the desired action. By showcasing quick social proof elements such as customer testimonials, reviews, ratings, or social media mentions, you can provide tangible evidence of the positive experiences others have had with your product or service.
Additionally, featuring your own projects as part of the social proof section can be a compelling option. It allows you to highlight successful endeavors and demonstrate your expertise, further bolstering visitors' confidence in your offerings. This combination of external and internal social proof can significantly influence visitors' decision-making process and positively impact conversions.
📢 Announcement banner
The banner displayed at the top of the landing page serves as a visual element designed to capture attention and highlight essential information. It is a widely employed tool to convey important updates, limited-time offers, upcoming events, new product launches, or any other pertinent information that a company wishes to communicate to their website visitors.
Typically, it is strategically positioned at the prominent top section of the landing page, ensuring immediate visibility upon visitor arrival. By utilizing this placement, it ensures that visitors are promptly informed of the announcement and encourages them to take the desired action, such as clicking through to learn more or making a purchase.
In this particular instance, we are delighted to announce the availability of our free coaching trial session.
User testimonials play a vital role in establishing trust and credibility with visitors. They effectively showcase the value of a product or service and provide an authentic perspective on its benefits.
By including a testimonial like this, you reinforce the product's value proposition and offer a personal recommendation from someone who has experienced its benefits firsthand. When selecting user testimonials, it is essential to choose those that are genuine, detailed, and relevant to the target audience. Additionally, incorporating a photo or video of the user can further enhance credibility and make the testimonial more engaging.
Incorporating user ratings on your landing page provides potential customers with tangible evidence that your product or service is trusted and valued by others. This display of positive ratings increases the likelihood that individuals will place their trust in your offering, knowing that it has met the needs and provided value to others.
Displaying customer logos on your landing page builds trust and credibility. By showcasing well-known brands, you demonstrate your product/service's recognition and reliability. This boosts confidence and positions your offering as valuable within your industry.
🆎 Users can understand your landing page by reading the headings
Compelling headings are vital for user comprehension on your landing page. To achieve this, remember to keep them concise, utilize attention-grabbing words, highlight benefits, provide context with subheadings, and establish a logical hierarchy. By employing these techniques, you can create an easily understandable landing page that motivates users to take action.
🤔 Describe a compelling reason for building your product
By focusing on the problem your product solves, highlighting its benefits, keeping the message simple and clear, you can create a compelling reason for building your product on your landing page that resonates with your target audience and motivates them to take action.
Why should users care about leaving the status quo?
We can effectively mention the problem our product solves multiple times, which can help create a sense of urgency and encourage visitors to take action.
- Use a clear headline
- Provide details in a dedicated section
- Use customer testimonials or case studies
It's important to emphasize the problem your product solves in your headline and/or subheading. Additionally, make sure to provide a clear and concise explanation of how your product addresses the problem.
- Provide a brief description of how your product solves the problem
By highlighting the negative consequences of not solving the problem on your landing page, you can emphasize the importance of your product and motivate users to take action.
Including multiple CTA buttons on a website can enhance the visibility of the desired actions and facilitate visitor engagement. Research has shown that websites with multiple CTA buttons tend to achieve higher conversion rates. Additionally, placing CTA buttons in various locations across the website ensures that visitors have multiple opportunities to take action, regardless of their position on the page.
Another advantage of employing multiple CTA buttons is catering to visitors who may not scroll to the bottom of the page. Some users may lack the time or patience to read through extensive content, but strategically placed CTA buttons throughout the page allow them to take action without the need for extensive scrolling.
Thus, it is crucial to thoughtfully consider the placement and number of CTA buttons on a website to optimize the user experience and boost conversion rates.
🧲 Offer nudges users to act right now
Using nudges to encourage immediate action can be an effective way to increase conversions on your landing page. By creating a sense of urgency and emphasizing the benefits of taking action now, you can motivate visitors to make a decision and move forward in the conversion process.
In the end, the decision to use nudges should be based on your specific goals and target audience. It should also be tested and refined over time to optimize results.
💳 Have pricing information on the landing page
When it comes to displaying pricing information on your landing page, the approach may vary depending on the nature of your product or service. If your offering is straightforward and has a clear pricing structure, it can be beneficial to present pricing information on the first page. This allows you to set expectations promptly and filter out visitors who may not align with your target audience.
On the other hand, if your product or service is more complex and requires additional explanation to demonstrate its value, it may be more effective to withhold pricing details initially. Instead, focus on providing comprehensive information and building a strong case for why your offering is valuable. Once you have adequately conveyed the benefits and addressed potential concerns, presenting pricing on a separate page can be more appropriate.
Ultimately, the decision to showcase pricing on the first page or a separate page should be based on the specific characteristics of your product or service, the level of complexity involved, and the most effective way to communicate its value to your audience.
It is important to highlight the value that your product or service offers on your landing page. However, repeating the same value proposition several times can be tedious and potentially bothersome for your visitors.
Instead, consider rephrasing your value proposition and featuring various elements of it throughout your landing page. Utilize strategies such as headlines, subheadings, bullet points, and calls to action to reinforce your value proposition and maintain visitor interest and engagement.
To help visitors understand how your product works and increase their confidence in its ability to deliver on its promises, include step-by-step instructions and clear visuals. Visuals can also improve the look of your landing page and make it more engaging.
Highlight important features for users on a landing page. The number of features to highlight may vary depending on factors such as the product or service, target audience, and page design. Typically, it is suggested to feature 3-4 relevant and significant features.
Address concerns and have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section on a landing page can provide multiple benefits, such as addressing common questions and concerns that potential customers may have, enhancing their overall experience, and increasing the likelihood of converting them into customers.
📱 The landing page is mobile-friendly
To boost conversions, it's crucial to have a landing page that's mobile-friendly. Nowadays, more and more people use their mobile devices to browse the web. If your landing page isn't optimized for mobile devices, it can lead to a bad user experience and lower conversion rates.
Loading speed is great
A slow-loading landing page can be frustrating for users, causing them to leave the site and resulting in lost leads. Slow page load times can also negatively impact conversion rates and search engine rankings. To improve user experience, search engine rankings, and conversion rates, it is essential to optimize the speed of your landing page.
I'm experiencing some slowness in the loading speed and I'm not sure of the cause. It could be related to the loading time of the animations, or there may be another factor at play.